Your hands are one of the first areas of the body which show signs of aging. It’s amazing all the vital functions that they perform at work and at home. As you get older, your hands lose volume and elasticity resulting in wrinkles, veins, and age spots revealing our true chronological age. Sun exposure can cause pigmentation and wrinkling issues.
But now, there are many new treatments available that can reverse those visible signs of aging and give you a more youthful appearance. Also known as hand enhancement, hand rejuvenation can minimize visible veins and wrinkling while enhancing collagen production and the texture of your skin.
Overall, hand rejuvenation needs to address two key aspects: VOLUME REJUVENATION and SKIN REJUVENATION. A variety of techniques exist for bringing volume and freshness to the hands, erasing the tell-tale signs of ageing.
Hand rejuvenation with dermal fillers is growing in popularity because it can give the hands a fresher and more youthful appearance by volumizing the skin, minimising wrinkles, and hiding prominent veins. Fillers containing dermal stimulants go a step further encouraging the production of collagen in the skin, leading to increased volume and prolonged treatment effectiveness.
Reasons for choosing to have hand rejuvenation with dermal fillers:
You are an ideal candidate for hand treatments with dermal fillers if
- Your hands show signs of ageing, and the backs of your hands have developed wrinkles and fine lines
- Your hands have lost volume and roundness, appearing bony and thin
- You have prominent veins on the back of your hands
Dermal fillers can be an affordable and non-invasive method to treat ageing hands, a procedure that requires little down time and no preparation.
The aim of all fillers is to replace lost volume, erase wrinkles, folds and thin surface lines.
What to expect?
- Bruising is a common after-effect of dermal filler injections. To minimise bruising following treatment, stop taking Nurofen, aspirin, and all other anti-inflammatory medications or blood thinners at least one week before your treatment date. Do not, however, stop taking any prescribed medications without your doctor’s approval. It is safe to take paracetamol such as Panadol as a painkiller
- Your hand will likely be swollen and a little stiff following your procedure and gradually disappears over the first two weeks
- Make sure to wash your hands regularly for cleanliness
- You can apply ice to your hands to minimize pain and decrease swelling
- Try to keep your hands out of direct sunlight
- Avoid rubbing the treatment area for a few days
- Those who are treated with a thick, long lasting filler may be asked to massage the treated area from time to time for a few days. If not massaged, tiny lumps may occasionally form around the treated area.
Possible risks and complications
As with any procedure there are risks involved in hand treatments with dermal fillers. You should be fully aware of these before you elect to have the treatment. It is always better to be on the side of caution.
Possible risks and complications that may arise after hand treatments are usually minimal and last only a short time. They include:
- Allergic reactions
- Inflammatory reactions resulting in nodule formation, cold sores, a flare-up of arthritis and other similar problems
- Bleeding, bruising and scarring
- Blisters and cysts
- Bumps and lumps
- Numbness may occur as well as palsy—loss of the ability to move a part of the body or uncontrollable tremors
- Migration of filler material to a site different from its intended location
The experience and expertise of the injector plays a crucial role in avoiding adverse after-effects. This is why you should choose an accredited practitioner for cosmetic treatments such as dermal filler injections.
If dermal filler is something you’re not sure about, at Cosmetic Injectables Victoria & Medi Skin Clinic we can offer you alternative methods for hand rejuvenation
- PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy). Recommended 3-5 sessions per year
- Skin Needling Collagen Induction Therapy. Recommended 4-6 sessions per year
- IPL Photo rejuvenation. Recommended 2-3 sessions per year
- RF (Subdermal Radiofrequency). Recommended 2-3 sessions per year
- Skin Booster. Combination of very patented vitamins and microelements. Recommended 2-3 sessions per year
- Pdo Mono Threads for stimulation of collagen. Recommended 1 session per year
Dermal filler $645 - $750 (per session)
PRP $350 (per session)
Skin Needling $250 (per session)
IPL $200 (per session)
RF $250 (per session)
Skin Booster $645 (per session)
Pdo Mono Threads from $645 - $750