PRP THERAPY. FACIAL REJUVENATION TREATMENT
IT’S 100% NATURAL!
PRP contains at least 8 growth factors that will, over a long period of time, continually work like a rejuvenating agent. This treatment isn’t just a trend; it has real skin and hair care benefits.
PRP uses your blood to plasma which the practitioner then injects into the desired areas, not chemicals. This means it’s the ideal procedure for anyone who feels worried about injecting foreign substances into their body.
PRP THERAPY OFFERS A NUMBER OF UNIQUE THERAPEUTIC ADVANTAGES AS A FACIAL REJUVENATION TREATMENT OPTION, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Safe and effective on all skin types and colours
- Unlike many prescription injectables, there is little to no risk of allergic reaction with PRP injections because it is an autologous material (comprised of material from the patient’s body)
- Enhances facial volume, plumps and fills in fine lines and wrinkles, and can be successfully utilized in the delicate areas around the eyes and mouth, where dermal fillers, lasers and neurotoxins may not be as effective
- Invasive treatments like facelifts can be avoided with PRP. It can get you the results you want in a short session without having to worry about an intensive procedure. Meaning “No Going Under the Knife”
- PRP can contribute to your plasma to diminish the look of Acne Scars.
- The increased collagen from PRP is perfect for adding volume to areas like under eye circles. PRP can help to get a more rejuvenated look to help to rejuvenate Tired Eyes.
- Can safely be combined with other surgical and/or non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatments.
- Non-invasive treatment requiring only the application of a topical numbing cream
- Causes minimal discomfort and does not leave any scars is an ideal option for older patients, who may have difficulty healing from more invasive surgical procedures.
- Does not require any post-treatment downtime (unless performed in conjunction with other procedures), or cause any side effects other than minimal swelling, bruising and redness around the injection site, which typically subsides within 12-24 hours.
- Within 8 weeks, patients will notice significant improvement in skin texture and tone, which will continue to improve until the collagen regeneration process is complete (approximately 3 months after initial injection).
- Provides long-lasting results— The effects from PRP treatment injections are not immediate like those of hyaluronic acid gel fillers, but the rejuvenating effects can last anywhere from 9 months to 2 years (touch-up maintenance treatments will further increase the longevity of PRP’s treatment benefits)
PRP THERAPY FOR HAIR RESTORATIONS
PRP can be used to help men and women suffering from hair loss by stimulating hair follicle growth. The platelet-rich plasma is injected into the scalp either as its own treatment or in addition to a hair transplant procedure.
The platelets can trigger hair growth as well as speed up the healing process and stem cell activity of newly transplanted hair follicles. PRP for hair restorations typically requires a series of treatments over a period of months in order to achieve the best possible results
MICRONEEDLING WITH PRP
On its own, microneedling is a highly effective procedure that can help smooth fine lines and wrinkles, fade scars and stretch marks, and soften uneven texture. When platelet-rich plasma is added to the procedure, patients can experience enhanced results with a much shorter healing time as a result of the extra boost of tissue-regenerating cells.
Typically, PRP is applied to the skin topically following the microneedling treatment. The miniscule openings in the skin provide direct paths for the platelet-rich plasma to penetrate the skin and target the deeper tissues for amazing results.
WHAT DOES THE PROCEDURE INVOLVE?
Prior to the procedure, a numbing cream is applied to the skin in order to minimise any discomfort from the PRP injection. Depending on how many areas you want to get treated, a volume of blood will be taken. This is usually between 10 to 30 ml.
Your blood is then placed in a centrifuge for about 5 minutes. Once your cells have separated, the rich platelets are extracted and injected into the skin where rejuvenation is requested.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS ARE REQUIRED?
A minimum of three PRP treatments is usually recommended. Treatments are to be performed at monthly intervals.
Some people may need up to six treatments and ongoing maintenance treatments may be performed every 6 to 12 months.
PRE TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
- It’s best to be well-hydrated 48 hours leading up to the procedure. Drink plenty of fluids. Water is strongly recommended.
- Reduce fat intake for 1 to 2 weeks prior to the treatment.
- Reduce alcohol and caffeine intake.
- Stop all omegas (such as Fish Oil), green teas and other supplements that increase bruising for 2-3 weeks prior to PRP treatment.
- As the treatment involves causing some degree of trauma to the skin, avoid other facial treatments that sensitise the skin 1-week prior to treatment.
POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Do not touch your face for at least 4 hours to allow the injection sites to heal. Wash your hands before touching injected areas to avoid introducing external infection.
- Do not wear make up for 24 hours after a PRP injection treatment. Keep the area free of oil based products, heavy cosmetics and thick moisturisers for at least 2 days post treatment.
- The treated area will feel tender most commonly for up to 1 week post treatment. Do not ice the area or have hot showers (platelets do not like extremes of temperatures).
- Sleep with the treated area elevated. Propping up multiple pillows works well for this.
- Wear sunscreen for at least 1 month post treatment. Avoid exposure to sunlight, as well as rigorous exercise, saunas, hot baths and excessive amounts of alcohol, as these will exacerbate swelling and increase the possibility of bruising.
- Do not undergo any other facial treatments for at least 2 weeks following your PRP treatment.
- Bruising may be reduced by the use of Arnica tablets, along with massaging Arnica or Hirudoid cream into the area.
Request a consultation
To receive a free private consultation, simply fill out the online enquiry form. Let us know the procedure(s) you are considering and your details and we will get back to you with a time and day to suit you.