Skin Needling Treatment
What is Skin needling?
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
Skin needling is best delivered in a course of 3 to 6 sessions. More damaged sun-damaged skin, or skin with aggressive scars, may need more treatment. Treatments should be performed at 4-6 week intervals. It will take approximately six weeks for collagen synthesis and about six months for the full effect of the treatment to be evident.
WHAT IS DERMAPEN SKIN NEEDLING?
DermaPen Skin needling is a skin rejuvenation treatment that helps to support the regeneration of collagen and elastin through a natural skin healing process. The treatment is designed to support skin regeneration and help improve the skin’s texture. The DermaPen uses multiple vibrating needles that vertically pierce the skin. When moved across the skin’s surface, the DermaPen stimulates a natural collagen and elastin reproduction, whilst allowing channels to be created in the skin to allow for product penetration.
This treatment can also improve the appearance of acne scars, stretch marks and surgical scars.
WHAT CAN THE DERMAPEN BE USED FOR?
–DermaPen allows the physician to quickly treat specific skin areas – large or small – to achieve a number of goals:
- Lip wrinkles
- Skin texture/tone
- Pore appearance
- Increase product absorption
- Superficial facial wrinkles
- Skin texture on the neck
- Acne scarring/ trauma scarring
- Melasma and pigmentation
- Textural improvements to chest
- Stretch marks
BENEFITS OF DERMAPEN SKIN NEEDLING TREATMENTS
FINE LINES AND WRINKLES
As we age, the natural production of collagen and elastin diminishes, which leads to wrinkles and sagging skin. The DermaPen treatment promotes a process of new skin growth through the science of Collagen Induction Therapy and this is the most effective way to stimulate new skin safely and effectively.
Micro needling treatments not only target specific imperfections but also provide an overall rejuvenation of the skin. The needling process improves micro-circulation in conjunction with collagen and elastin formation beneath the skin to thicken the dermis, reducing wrinkles. You will notice improved skin texture, more even skin tone and an overall brightness to your skin. Undergoing a series of micro-needling treatments will not only provide visible results to the entire appearance of your skin, but it will slow down the signs of aging.
Stretch marks are a form of scarring on the skin. They are caused by tearing of the dermis, and over time can diminish, but will not disappear completely. The DermaPen treatment offers a progressive and natural solution to stretch marks. The treatment stimulates healthy collagen and elastin production in the deeper skin layer to repair the damaged areas with the release of growth factors and stimulation of fibroblasts. Everyone will experience improvement in the appearance of their stretch marks with the DermaPen, but results are individual and depend on the severity, age and extent of the stretch marks. Early red stretch marks will show the most improvement.
ACNE AND SURGICAL SCARS
This treatment improves the appearance of atrophic acne scars and surgical scars. The micro-needles of the DermaPen help to naturally stimulate new collagen production in the area of the scar. The physical nature of skin needling breaks up fibrous and uneven scar tissue and stimulates the growth of new tissue which results in a smoother and more even skin surface all while slowing the onset of wrinkles. Also, there is the added benefit of new capillary growth, which improves the blood supply to the area, providing a healthy foundation for the new skin.
DermaPen skin needling treatment will result in a more refined appearance of the pores. The micro-needling treatments stimulate collagen and elastin, which results in firming of the skin thereby reducing the appearance of large pores.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF MICRO NEEDLING INCLUDE
- Stimulates the production of collagen tighten loose dull skin
- Reduces the appearance of crows feet and lip lines
- Reduces the appearance of forehead lines and frown lines
- Assists in the absorption of cosmetic products
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles, pigmentation and sun damage
- Reduces the appearance of acne scars, chicken pock scars, and surgical scars
- Reduces the appearance of enlarged pores
- Helps with rosacea by strengthening the skin
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
PRE TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
- It’s best to be well-hydrated 48 hours leading up to the procedure. Drink plenty of fluids. Water is strongly recommended.
- Reduce fat intake for 1 to 2 weeks prior to the treatment.
- Reduce alcohol and caffeine intake.
- Stop all omegas (such as Fish Oil), green teas and other supplements that increase bruising for 2-3 weeks prior to treatment.
- As the treatment involves causing some degree of trauma to the skin, avoid other facial treatments that sensitise the skin 1 week prior to treatment.
POST TREATEMNT INSTRUCTIONS:
- Do not touch your face for at least 4 hours to allow the injection sites to heal. Wash your hands before touching injected areas to avoid introducing external infection.
- Do not wear make up for 24 hours after a Skin needling treatment. Keep the area free of oil based products, heavy cosmetics and thick moisturisers for at least 2 days post treatment.
- Wear sunscreen for at least 1 month post treatment. Avoid exposure to sunlight, as well as rigorous exercise, saunas, hot baths and excessive amounts of alcohol, as these will exacerbate swelling and increase the possibility of bruising.
- Do not undergo any other facial treatments for at least 2 weeks following your DermaPen treatment.
- Bruising may be reduced by the use of Arnica tablets, along with massaging Arnica or Hirudoid cream into the area.
PRP WITH MICRONEEDLING
*Please note individual results may vary
Request a consultation
To receive a free private consultation, simply fill out the online enquiry form. Let us know the procedure(s) you are considering and your details and we will get back to you with a time and day to suit you.
11 Foot Street, Frankston
Click to view map
CALL 0450 927 511
EMAIL : firstname.lastname@example.org
OPENING HOURS :
Open Saturday to Thursday from 9 am to 8pm.