PDO Mono Thread Lifting treatment
As we age, our skin loses its youthful appearance, and signs of aging become more and more obvious. Fine facial lines and sagging skin are just two aging indicators, but they are important areas to address because these early signs of aging indicate a breakdown of the skin’s tissues. The face and neck areas are common areas of concern, but a thread lift procedure can also be used to address other areas of concern such as sagging buttocks, and wrinkly knees and elbows.
An introduction to PDO Mono Threads
PDO Mono Threads are the latest TGA approved aesthetic treatment to take Australia by storm. Mono Threads have a long history of success use worldwide. PDO Mono Threads are a non surgical alternative for skin lifting and tightening.
PDO Mono Threads or short threads are designed to perform a revitalization skin treatment, the treatment is beneficial for skin tightening, skin thickening and to improve skin texture thus reducing the appearance of wrinkles. Once inserted into the skin, PDO mono threads activate collagen synthesis to gradually tighten and rejuvenate the skin. This provides the skin with a tighter feel and appearance and more of a youthful look. Typically, around 10-30 PDO mono threads are used to treat an area. Mono threads are used on the face and body.
Results from a PDO Mono Thread treatment are most noticeable after 8-12 weeks and last up to 2 years. PDO Mono Threads are a made from a dissolving suture material which is reabsorbed into the body after 6-8 months.
Mono threads can only be inserted by properly trained doctors or nurses.
PDO Mono threads can be combined with PDO lifting threads to produce a non surgical facelift.
What Areas can be treated with PDO Mono Threads
The PDO mono thread lift is very versatile, allowing practically all areas of the face to be treated, including the:
- Under eye skin sagging, wrinkles & eye bags
- Wrinkles around lips
- Alternative to lip filler
- Smoothing lines a& wrinkles
- Brow Lift
- Face Lift
- Facial volume replacement
- Alternative for those not wanting dermal filler
- Naso labial Folds
- Neck Lift/Rejuvenation
- Skin tightening
- Forehead lifting
Body treatment areas:
- Tuck shop arms/upper arm firming
- Knee skin tightening/rejuvenation
- Inner thigh firming
- Cellulite improvement
- Hand rejuvenation/skin firming
- Elbow skin rejuvenation
- Stomach skin firming/tightening
- Buttock firming
Mono Thread FAQ’s
- Collagen creation from the PDO Mono Threads takes between 8 and 12 weeks to occur.
POST INJECTION INSTRUCTIONS
- Please do not apply oil-based moisturiser or makeup for the next 24 hours. After that, apply your makeup gently for five days.
- When applying makeup, do not use brushes / sponges for two days due to cleanliness of the brush / sponge.
- Avoid facial contact with animals or their coats for one week to ensure cleanliness.
- Ice may be applied to soothe area of treatment.
- Bruising is to be expected, but can be variable from minimal to severe. Hirudoid or Arnica Cream can be used to assist in resolution.
- Please sleep on your back and elevate your head for the first three nights.
- Please do not have any facials or face massages for three weeks.
- There may be mild tenderness in the treated area for approximately one week.
- If you experience a ‘ping’ sensation where the threads have been placed, massage for 2–3 seconds.
- Avoid strenuous contact sports for three weeks.
- Avoid exaggerated facial movements like chewing, talking or yawning for three weeks. You may move your face in a normal fashion.
- No dental surgery for four weeks.
- Avoid saunas or heat treatments for three weeks.
- Do not have heat treatments (RF / Laser) in the area of the threads for three months.
- In the very rare instance that you experience any thread extrusion after your treatment, simply pull the thread out and disregard.
Request a consultation
To receive a free private consultation, simply fill out the online enquiry form. Let us know the procedure(s) you are considering and your details and we will get back to you with a time and day to suit you.
11 Foot Street, Frankston
Click to view map
CALL 0450 927 511
EMAIL : email@example.com
OPENING HOURS :
Open Saturday to Thursday from 9 am to 8pm.